Fall is such a wonderful time of year. You first start to feel the summer fade when the mornings and evenings cool down a bit and the sun gets a little lower in the sky. You pull out your light jackets, fall boots, and chunky scarves to revel in the cooler weather ahead.
Walks outdoors and jogs through the park become all the more pleasurable with the chillier air and the gorgeous trees surrounding your every step. With the sun rising a bit later, it’s easier to catch a glimpse of the sunrise upon waking up in the morning, or a beautiful sunset as the sun goes to sleep earlier in the evening.
On top of all the natural beauty, fresh food emerges: crisp apples, pumpkin-everything, warm soups, and roasted veggies line our fall cooking repertoire and make us feel healthy, comfy, and cozy.
Not only that, there are a number of activities to do in the fall that will have you smiling all season long. From apple picking to tree-peeping to simply walking around outdoors more often, fall is a beautiful time to enjoy the scenery around you. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of fall activities that you simply must add to your seasonal bucket list before the weather gets too chilly and the busy holiday season sets in.
Make the most of your autumn and enjoy our top twenty activities to take advantage of all the season has to offer:
- Visit the farmers market before it closes for the season, and cook with your bounty
- Decorate your home with fall flair (pumpkins, apples, hay)
- Add squash or pumpkin to one of your classic recipes
- Take a ghost tour
- Capture family photos
- Go apple picking at a local orchard
- Plan a weekend getaway in the mountains
- Enjoy a brew at the local Oktoberfest celebration
- Achieve your longest run of the year, or sign up for a fall race
- Go to a local, or professional, football game
- Douse apples in caramel
- Can your summer produce
- Make your hiking bucket list – and cross a few off!
Take a drive to the best fall foliage in your area
- Fill your home with the aroma of freshly baked pie
- Travel to a fall festival
- Go to a harvest fair
- Master your go-to soup recipe for the colder weather ahead
- Go cider tasting (whether you prefer alcoholic or non-alcoholic cider!)
- Enjoy an outdoor concert
- Check out a slew of books at your local library (perfect for cozying up on the couch!)
How do you enjoy making the best of fall? What are your favorite fall activities? Let us know in the comments below!